Saturday, November 17, 2012

Custom Mug


This is a custom mug I made for my friend, Stephanie, last year.
It was to be a surprise gift celebrating their dog, Hogan, and new puppy, Bogey.
Steph sent me several pix of the dogs, including one of Hogan, the dachshund, in his
 life jacket!  There were also plenty photos of critters from the garden.
It was great fun incorporating them on the mug.


Although I thoroughly enjoy doing this technique it is very time consuming
and requires 3 firings instead of the usual 2.  I use an underglaze pencil for the outline
and amaco velvet underglazes for the color.


Hogan swims inside the mug, while Bogey is on garden duty.   

Hogan, chipmunk, baby birds and hummer.


Hummingbird, purple coneflowers and strawberry-thieving chipmunk.

Leigh sent me an 'action shot' of Hogan swimming in her morning coffee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment